Running a Gas Line finished basement

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piscean

Reaction score
We have an electric stove. Planning on converting to gas stove. I talked to few plumbers regarding quotes. The gas line currently is on the exact opposite end to the kitchen in basement. I have finished basement. A particular plumber I talked suggested to run the line outside because he said they need open up dry wall in couple of places to the run the gas line and it might not match the current drywall once they close it. Can anyone please help me with this issue ? He is the only plumber who gave less quote for running the gas line outside. Will it be an issue to match up drywall if we break it ? Is running the gas line outside safe ? I know people do it. How deep do they need to trench for the code to run the gas line outside. The plumber also said he needs to put the gas line inside pvc pipe. I am assuming to avoid any lightning strikes.

If you get a good dry wall guy they can patch it without you noticing it I would not run it outside makes no sense to me

Must be some intricate drywall - Normally if it's a standard spray orange peel, knock down texture, patching, mudding and texturing is pretty straight forward. Easy DIY if you have a few of the tools, but probably pretty quick job if done by a professional. By the time you paint and blend the paint into adjacent wall - you'll probably forget it was ever opened up.

Must be some intricate drywall - Normally if it's a standard spray orange peel, knock down texture, patching, mudding and texturing is pretty straight forward. Easy DIY if you have a few of the tools, but probably pretty quick job if done by a professional. By the time you paint and blend the paint into adjacent wall - you'll probably forget it was ever opened up.

Not an intricate one just a simple ceiling dry wal which has the white color with the hand print design that you usually find.

Latest posts

Back