Rough in stand pipe height for pedestal washer

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimongee

Reaction score
Another challenge: new construction...we want to install our washer on a pedestal 12" above the floor. The 2009 IPC states the p trap needs to be between 6"-18" above floor and the stand pipe for washer drainage can not be more than 30" the center of the trap arm To the termination at the box. That said that would put the washer connection behind the washer well below the top of washer and out of site with no access. We know folks do put washers and dryers on pedestals for ease of access. I am stumped on how to meet code and finish the laundry rough in. If you can help ..thanks very much
Jim in Franklin, TN

Thank you. I truly would never have thought of that. Now I hope I have enough wall space since we sorta packed everything in the utility room.

Build the stand pipe like code says. Doesn't matter if your washer is on a pedestal unless that pedestal is going to be really high.
As long as the Front load washer's maximum water level is not higher than the drain stand pipe inlet, I don't see a problem. 36"min/48" max.
Those standards where designed for top loading tubs. front load washer have a much lower water level. You should be okay with standard dimensions.

If it's access you want , you can put the valves any where you want.
You can place a 2nd box for valves on a side wall. You can place the drain box on the side wall as well.

Latest posts

Back