Rough in plumbing

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgushardy

Reaction score
I have a lot of questions for roughing in bathroom plumbing. I need the code for Pennsylvania. I have plans but I'm not sure where to use certain fittings. Wrong fittings can cause delays and failures. Ex A 3" wye vs 3" 45 degree combo wye, etc.

Never mind. I've figured out how to upload. Give me a couple minutes.

I made the wall next to the toilet a 6" wall to vent the bathroom. the run is 24' to the front of the structure. the master bed is in the front where the plumbing main is located. the floor joist is 24" apart. the heating vent is gonna go in the bay under/above the bathrooms.
the master bed wall also has a 6" wall to vent the basement bathroom.

this is a ranch style home. I plan on putting a sewage pump basin in the room behind the bathroom.

plforum2.jpg

tub, 2''90, 2x11/2x2tee, 2'' ptrap, 2x1 1/2 bushing/top of trap with 1 1/2'' trap adapter for tub

lavs, 2'' 90, 2 x 2x 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 pvcfixture fitting, 2 , 1 1/2 90's

toilet, 3'' 90, 3'' tee, 3x2 bushing, 3'' 90, closet collar

3'' trunk 2, 3x2 wyes,

thanks so far but I'm sorta lost. can I post pictures? However, do I need to vent all three fixtures in the bathroom? I have heard of a 4 or 5 feet rule. can you explain for a newbie what that means or send me a good link to read.

Last edited:
I usually go with how many 1/4's are In the pipe as my rule of thumb. I.e. If it's a 2" drain your vent should be within 8ft. 3" within 12 etc..

Yeah, what state are you in and I'll find the code.

Last edited:
aa0518839738ca5c97869e82540021a6.jpg

Yeah I only have the books from 06, every code change since 06 my grandfather (local plumbing inspector) has hand corrected in my book.

He has the most recent UPC in his office but won't be in Till Monday. If you haven't got proof by then I can snap a pic of the page and post it.

Latest posts

Back