Rohl Faucets

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caduceus

Professional
Professional
Reaction score
Had my first experience with Rohl faucets today. I didn't get to do the rough-in but got the trim. So far I have been impressed with not only the quality, but the ease of installation. No tricks or secret handshakes needed and the shower trim comes with extensions for the faceplate screws as well as the handle in the event that the valve body was roughed in too deep....which was the case on one of them.
Now with all of the pros that I have experienced I get the feeling that the cons can be pretty bad. Does anybody have any input or experience with Rohl that would give me an idea as to what to expect?
Being a skeptic, I find this almost too good to be true.

Never heard of that, but I did a google image search. Love that Google image.
The very first image was this.

333_8084.jpg

My romance with Rohl faucets may be short lived.:(

What I was hoping to get from others' experience I ended up getting first hand.
So I will share my info with everybody and save somebody some head scratching in the future.
The valves and trims are a very smart and attractive (see photo above) but apparently the handles for transfer valves are subject to defect. The bonnet should thread easily onto the valve stem and seat the splines into the handle body. Not always that easy. The threads may be tapped too shallow and fine not allowing the threading to start. It will trick you into thinking that it's just not biting, but after checking with the other transfer valves in the house and close examination it became obvious.
When I called the supplier he sounded too familiar with this problem before I could finish explaining what the issue was.
I would have to guess this could also be a defect in other trims for their wide variety of faucets.
Two out of six transfer valves with a defect in the parts are not good odds. Hope this is useful info for somebody in the future.

Hrm, can't say I have ever heard of the company before. That is usually not a good sign.

High end stuff, SlowDrip. This place is known for carrying expensive and import brands some of which I have never heard of before.

Meh, I have been selling faucets for over 16 years, usually the only companies that I have never heard of are small regional brands, overseas exclusives or total crap. I'm assuming this brand just isn't very popular in north america (founded in 1983 so it isn't exactly new).

I took a couple minutes to research Rohl (can't go in depth, I'm at work right now) and what I see doesn't impress me. Right off the bat I see a big warning on thier warranty page that one of thier finishes (Tuscan brass) has no warranty at all which doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

I can only hope for your sake that they work out, but I am rather skeptical. When I get hjome if I have time I will check consumer reports on them.

Take a look at the list of products from their site.This would be right up your alley. Seymour's is who the big (money) builders go to and the customers sit down with the design team and pick out all of the fixtures. On the plus side, I don't have to run parts back and forth, pick fixtures, warranty products, ect....only install. Their team as well as the builder handles everything else.
Seymour's

I personally prefer the plumbing supply house showroom with the more common brands. Having a variety of styles and qualities from domestic manufacturers seems more comfortable and less of a hassle.

Latest posts

Back