Residential boosters

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilT

VFD and Pump Expert
Reaction score
What area of the country are you in and do you see low pressure being an issue?
We have seen areas like Hawaii, with homes on mountains having to boost the pressure after plumbing up the mountain.

We are looking for professional plumbers opinions on what they have seen in their careers regarding having to boost House pressure.

After many months of testing, we find 65-75 PSI into the home is the optimum pressure range.
Thank you for your opinions and comments.

Phil T
http://perfectpressurepump.com

Would those work on a house supplied by well that only has a well pump and bladder tank?

I ask because in my scenario my well pump works great for all my landscaping but not my home. Probably because the landscaping is all 1" pipe and the house gets reduced down, really I don't know why but the house gets low pressure.

Chris:
This is Exactly why I designed the product. Yes, works perfectly.

I live on a 7 acre property and my well pump is 350 ft from the house. I ran 1" pipe to the house. At the pump I set the pressure switch to turn on at 55 and off at 65. I did not want to put a lot of strain on the pump so I also installed a 300 gallon bladder tank since I also have a barn with 11 auto water'ers for horses.

At the house, the pressure was 45-55, getting about 10 PSI loss. The pressure was barely acceptable and when a toilet flushed the pressure would drop dramatically while taking a shower.

The challenge was developing a flow algorithm that could distinguish between the well pump cycling on/off and actual flow demand in the home. After several months of perfecting, the pump now only comes on when a fixture is turned on and ignores the supply variances. I believe I have a leaky check in my well because pressure leaks down every 10 minutes even with the master valve turned off. The well is 300 ft deep so I will not be fixing that until I need a new pump.

The added benefit to solid pressure regardless of supply changes is the tankless water heaters now bring the water temp up about twice as fast, toilets flush better at higher pressure (set at 75) and washing the cars is much faster too.

Since I purposely set a nice ramp of 1-3 seconds (depending on rate of demand change) I also tend to believe the fixtures will last longer.

Thanks for the question.

Latest posts

Back