Replacing toilet with "chair high" unit.. Recommendations?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riickk

Reaction score
Headline says 99%
Any reason not to install big box branded toilet under $160 or so?

ROTFL....
So what can will you recommend for around $200 -
That has bowl height about 17", and will reliably flush previously used food down the drain?

ROTFL....
So what can will you recommend for around $200 -
That has bowl height about 17", and will reliably flush previously used food down the drain?
A Vorten 1.6 flush two piece handicap toilet.

Mansfield?
Delta?
Niagara? - currently have one -flapperless. Branded Glacier Bay. Works fine.

I would stick with what most plumbers install or go to a plumbing supply house and see what they are selling the most of, I would stay away from the last 2 you mentioned

A handful of months ago I got the American Standard Cadet 3 Flowise elongated at Home Depot. It flushes very, very well, is 'right height,( ADA height), and has that upgraded EverClean finish and was $179...but I see inflation last month now has it at $219. Still well worth it. Rated flush performance on MaP testing website is 1,000.
Comes with total junk seat and steel bolts, which I throw away.
For your pricepoint, the Toto Entrada is an entry level toilet that we have dozens installed in apts, it is elongated and flushes as good as any, also rated at 1,000 on MaP testing...but I'm not fond of the small tank look.

I will second American standard. Big 3inch flush valve, powerful flush, nice price point, good quality and easy to get parts. Never buy a glacier bay unless you like plunging.

The only complaint I have with American standard is that CRAPPY blue seal the make that gets bubbles in it.....

Their flushvalves SUCK. I’ve started just replacing the flushvslve and installing a 3” flapper.

If you just looking the sit higher, there are 3" thick toilet seats I believe,remember ,you get what you pay for, a decent toilets gonna cost you 200+
There could be a problem sitting so high that "things" are under the effect of gravity for a longer time before hitting the water's surface and could splash more, how shall I put this, vigorously? I'd prefer to keep the butt to water distance as short as possible.

Back