Replacing Toilet on Stained Concrete Floor

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PlumingNewbie

Reaction score
I'm New to Forum so I apologize if this is a dumb question.
I'm going to replace a horrible American Standard toilet that hardly flushes. The toilet sits on stained concrete floor in a downstairs bath. I've already ordered the new Toto Drake which has a slightly smaller footprint than the existing AS. Question: When I remove the existing toilet what are the chances that the stained concrete floor extends under the toilet so that the new smaller base wont' be an unsightly problem? The house was constructed in 2008 and I believe that the toilet I'm replacing was original. I gues I'm hoping that they would have stained the concrete floors before they set the fixtures.
Thanks!

John have right.. 50-50..it is a lottery.. Is it concrete your floor?

I agree, who knows until you pull it. If it is stained and you can return the drake, the Gerber avalanche has a larger footprint and still gives great flushing power. Eljer titan was the largest footprint, however you can't find them anymore since american standard closed eljer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Plumbing Forum mobile app

Eljer titan was the largest footprint, however you can't find them anymore since american standard closed eljer.

Eljer is still readily available. American Standard does not "own" Eljer anymore though. LIXIL Corporation does. LIXIL is Japan’s largest manufacturer group for building materials and housing equipment. They own the American Standard(R), Jado(R), Porcher(R), Safety Tubs(R), Crane Plumbing(R), Eljer(R), Fiat(R), Decorative Panels International(R) and now Grohe(R) brand names.

Back