Replacing jet assembly in deep well

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moccasin

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m new to this forum and in the process of figuring out what I need to repair a 4” PVC deep well damaged by a vehicle. I knew from nothing about deep well injectors before taking on this project. Dropping an 8-inch length 3” steel pipe with a tapered top down the well casing, so as not to hang it up, tells me the pipes and assembly are not in the casing but are likely below the bottom of the casing. The 3” drop weight bumps something at around 92 feet on the up pull but I know it can’t get past the old PVC if it was still in the casing. I am assuming there is a jet assembly and at least 40 feet of pipe, likely lying to one side beneath the casing where it’s not easily retrievable. The pump is a J15 Goulds 1.5 HP. Not that it matters, but the PVC is schedule 20, 1” and 1 ¼”. I’ve checked the well depth and discovered it is at least 175’. The water level is 33 feet below ground level. I am also assuming - I know the saying about that – that it does not matter as the casing ends somewhere well above the bottom of the borehole and the jet assembly won’t restrict the flow. I said all that to ask the following. What jetpack do I need to replace the old stuff with? I’ve read that each assembly is matched to the pump? It appears I may need the Goulds FT4B-30 Twin Pipe Deep Water Well Jet Assembly? Is it imperative I use the one paired with the J15 or will a less expensive one do? I see prices from less than $100 to over $400. Any information about a control valve for back pressure in the outlet stream would also be helpful. The existing plumbing had a ¼ turn 1 ¼” ball valve directly at the outlet which I am again assuming was used for back pressure.

Back