Replacing Dishwasher with Washing Machine

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

celsioraus

Reaction score
All,

I have seperated my house in 2 to rent and am missing a laundry for upstairs. The kitchen currently looks like this

Imageshack - 201108161113141.jpg

I need to install a front loader either in the pantry to the right of the fridge, or in replacement of the dishwasher. I had planned to install it where the cutlery drawers are but it is only 55 wide and will not fit.

If I choose to replace the dishwasher and put the front loader there i would choose this machine and it would look relativerly the same as it does now.

6kg Front Load Asko Washing Machine W6903FI | Appliances Online

if I choose to do this would any plumbing modifications need to be made? Do dishwasher inlet and outlet match those of a front loader?

Alternativerly I will get a cheaper front loader and plop it in the pantry thus definetely requiring plumbing work.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I don't know common plumbing practices in Australia, but dishwasher and clothes washing machine plumbing here are considerably different from eachother. The drain line required for a dishwasher is 1 1/4 inches, whereas a 2 inch line is required for a washing machine. A dishwasher only requires a single 3/8 inch supply line, the washing machine two 1/2 in lines.

Thankyou this was the kind of information I was looking for. I assume I will have to get a plumber in regardless and may aswell stick it in a cupboard.

Latest posts

Back