Replacing Cast Iron Water Closet Flange

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't see much Tyler pipe here. replaced/repaired some with No Hub. All Cast iron work here now is usually No Hub.
This is laid back Southern Calif.
We Don't work That hard. ;)

commercial jobs, under grounds. why they wont go with pvc is beyond me
but we install hub/spiget regular. thats why my backs jacked up.
running up down ladders with 4" on my shoulder

commercial jobs, under grounds. why they wont go with pvc is beyond me
but we install hub/spiget regular. thats why my backs jacked up.
running up down ladders with 4" on my shoulder

That's another thing. PVC not used for drains except outside in ground area drainage. sometimes when an out of state contractor comes into build they bring with them PVC. But it's all ABS or No Hub cast iron.

Like the Volkswagon Dealership here had new buildings built and it's all PVC. Not very common.

it is what ever the engineer spec. out. then is sent to city to get a stamp of approval.
sometimes you can "value engineer" the cast out of a job, and go with pvc.
basically, that means give them a credit back on the cast. because the money you save in man hours installing

I dont know about your code but we can not use PVC [abs is outlawed here} in any building 3 stories or more

its a fire code

abs, is not used because it is so hot it will sag or droop inbetween 16" center studs.
its funny as hell to see a truck go down the road with a joint on his rack. droops/sags in the middle.
we stopped using it in the early 80's

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back