replacement parts for no name brand sink faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robbiewilso

robbie wilson
Reaction score
I have some cheap faucets but they have been in use for 10 years now and seem to be decent quality. The most used cold faucet developed a drip, and I finally after some trial and error (little more error) was able to get the ceramic cartridge out. This valve uses a 1/4 turn to control the faucet. The one i replaced it with was a Danco Glacier Bay/AquaSource one but the replacement was plastic and my original was brass. Also I had to add a rubber spacer at the base to make it tall enough to seal properly. Still not perfect but no leak at the moment. I still would rather have the actual cartridge. Attached are pics of the original as well as the model of the plastic replacement I used. Also note the rubber washer on the bottom of the original cartridge is not installed- it fits inside the bottom and sticks out about 1/4"

view1.jpg

view2.jpg

view3.jpg

This particular model cartridge is really similar and solves the leak at the moment. I have decided after finding an exact replacement stem at $32.57 each that the best route is to replace these faucets with a name brand faucet.

Back