Replacement Laundry Shutoff Valves

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbob

Reaction score
My house was built 35 years ago with copper pipe and sweat fittings. The laundry shutoff is two separate 1/2" pipes to Nibco compression valves. The washers inside are probably completely gone. I can't even get them apart to see the washers, let alone replace the washers.

What is your best recommendation for a long-life replacement?
Are any brands better than any others?

I'm thinking two 1/4-turn brass ball valves with teflon seal but having a hard time finding them with 1/2" sweat input and 3/4" hose output. I haven't tried a plumbing supply house yet. Home Depot has Everbilt 10-260-C-EB ball valves that look like this:
everbilt-ball-valves-10-260-c-eb-64_1000.jpg

Thank you for your advice.

If that is a sweat valve, which all washing machine quarter turn valves are, then what you picture is good.
Those are running threads, not f.i.p. threads, so never try to use a f.i.p. adapter on that.
The UPC requires that all solenoid operated fixtures have water hammer arrestors at such fixtures. they can be added or purchased with the arrestor built in.https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dyconn-Washing-Machine-Outlet-Box-with-Water-Hammer-Arrestor-1-2-x-3-4-MHT/113882737703?hash=item1a83f0ac27:g:YRgAAOSweAtddp9P

Latest posts

Back