Replacement escutcheon, handle, and nipple for Gopher

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stuff

Reaction score
I am looking for parts to replace on a two handle tub diverter as mine have become corroded. The escutcheon says Gopher 1116 6a. I am having trouble finding replacement parts, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum. Escutcheons don't always tell our plumbers a thing. As they say, posting a few pics will allow the professionals to easily help you.

Here are some pics, hope they are some help. I have read a few places that Gopher might be the same as Union Brass.

20151220_171343.jpg

20151220_171359.jpg

20151220_171407.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely would help. Also please understand that the volunteers who help us here are sometimes resting, so you may have to wait until Monday to get your needed answers.

Those are Gopher/Union Brass parts. Union Brass used to be Gopher. Very common plumbing parts. Any respectable plumbing supply store will stock. (Of course not Home Depot, I said "respectable") OEM and knock off parts will work. Union Brass headquarters is local to me so I hate to say knock offs are OK but the OEM replacement parts also say "made in China" on them. I carry all of the pictured parts in my truck.

Last edited:
Those are Gopher/Union Brass parts. Union Brass used to be Gopher. Very common plumbing parts. Any respectable plumbing supply store will stock. (Of course not Home Depot, I said "respectable") OEM and knock off parts will work. Union Brass headquarters is local to me so I hate to say knock offs are OK but the OEM replacement parts also say "made in China" on them. I carry all of the pictured parts in my truck.

First, I appreciate your help. Second, would my best bet be to order the parts right from Union Brass? I am in a small town and we don't have a respectable plumbing supply store.

Thanks

Call them on the telephone and talk to them. They deal alot with Union Brass and should be able to assist you in choosing the correct parts. Good luck!

So far, not looking so good. I called and the guy had never heard of Gopher plumbing parts. He told me to take pics, which I did and texted them as he instructed. I haven't heard anything back as of yet. Tried to call once and got transferred to a dead line.

*Update* I ended up ordering right from Union Brass over the phone. Hopefully, I end up with the right parts.

Last edited:
*Update* I ended up ordering right from Union Brass over the phone. Hopefully, I end up with the right parts.

Great! I am sorry the Park Supply person was an idiot. I appreciate the update as I was about to place a large order with Park for some unusual parts they carry, now I won't! I'll not ever recommend them again. I am glad the Union Brass folks worked with you.

Last edited:
Now I just have to deal with a rounded off faucet seat. I've heard a big screwdriver works. Know anything about a rounded/stuck seat?

Union Brass sent out all of the correct pieces. I made the order on Wednesday, had the pieces on Friday and that night I had a working not leaking shower again.

I appreciate everyone's assistance. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back