replaceing vessel sink faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEK

Reaction score
Hello,
I have has what i believe to be a pfister faucet.that i installed about 5-6 years ago that now has seemed to become corroded and turning the metal to a white powder. I want to replace this faucet with a higher end one that will hopefully last longer. I an considering a Delta, or Moen. are these considered must better names that the home depot pfister I have?

Thanks

Delta and Moen have a lifetime warranty on parts normally. Then again, I've heard Price Pfister does as well, but sometimes you have to call the company, nicely explain the problem, and sometimes they will send you either a replacement unit of parts to fix your faucet.

Delta and Moen have a lifetime warranty on parts normally. Then again, I've heard Price Pfister does as well, but sometimes you have to call the company, nicely explain the problem, and sometimes they will send you either a replacement unit of parts to fix your faucet.

The thing is I simply want to try a better product, the one i have turned to corroded white powder .. I dont have hard water so don't know why. but I think i would just be happier with a better brand. I was building the house and didn't have much money when i bought the home depot one.

I think you should address your hard water issue if you haven't
already I wouldn't recommend price Pfister but that just my opinion
moen use to be terrible years ago most guys I know stay away
from that brand delta,kohler,Symmons (made in massachusetts )
chicago, the are a commercial brand but now make residencial
stuff also gerber is a good brand also I recommend these
brands because I work for a large college in Boston
and the kids are hard on them it's just my opinion

Moen and PP products these days seem to be getting cheesier and cheesier.

I had a nice Moen kitchen faucet but my wife hated it. Had to tighten the mounting nut underneath twice in less than a year..
I took it out and installed a Hansgrohe I got at Costco. Nice so far. only been in for 2 months now.

Hard to tell what's really a good product anymore.
What use to be good changes rapidly as technology and manufacturing cost cutting takes over.

Latest posts

Back