Replaced outside faucet stem vacuum breaker leaking help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beantownace

Reaction score
Hello all,

I had a broken outside water faucet handle and tip of stem. I matched up to an older prier mansfield style 500 series stem and purchased the repair packing nut kit. Put the new stem in, new packing nut and handle. Seemed like that was working fine not a lot of water was coming out of the hose but with it off the water was coming out fast so got another hose and it seems better. However, when I turn off the faucet water starts coming out from the bottom of the vacuum head for about 10 seconds then stops. Do you think it is a matter of just also replacing the vacuum head or could the stem install be causing it at all although that seems fine. Thanks all

Replaced the vacuum head and it seems to have resolved overall the only thing I am noticing and maybe it did this before is when turning off the water I hear a sucking slurping sound maybe the vacuum breaker doing its job? Just wondering if it could all be a incorrect stem although I matched it up really well from what I could see.

Back