replace toilet inlet spud

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devunn

Reaction score
Hello,

New to the forum, hopefully someone can help because i'm at a loss of what exactly to do here. I have a gerber 25-842-4 toilet. It's a commercial type of toilet with a flushometer system...basically a tankless toilet. The inlet spud in the back of the toilet is leaking and needs to be replaced. I cannot figure out how to get it off though.. It doesn't appear to come off, I cannot find a locknut or anything to get it off. Any help is greatly appreciated. As a temporary fix I sealed the leak with some epoxy, but I doubt that will last long. Thanks in advance for any help.

The flush valve toilets that i have installed have a have a large brass nut on top of the spud. Remove that, and the spud will drop down a little. Pull the gasket out first, and then the bottom section will pull out. I have never worked with that model of bowl, so it is possible that the above does not apply.

The large brash nut will not come lose.. won't even budge. Is it possible that its not a removable part of this toilet? Caduceus, thank but I am relatively familiar with the flush value, i just cannot remove the inlet spud. I guess i'll just have to resort to the epoxy for now because it will not come loose. I don't want to break anything else and I am worried that I might break the toilet or something.

If you could post a picture indicating the trouble spot we may be able to help. Sometimes soaking a nut with pb blaster (not wd-40) a few times and letting it soak will loosen it up.

Google image search " closet spud "
There are 2 small tabs inside the spud.
I use a flat piece of steel with an adjustable crescent wrench to hold it from turning. Then remove the nut.
If you can't turn it, then use a hacksaw and cut down across the top of the nut and split it.

Latest posts

Back