Replace Shower Faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angie

Reaction score
I hope my terminology is correct, but I want to fix my shower faucet trim and cartilage but I need help🙏. It's completely broken off. I've learned the "how" of fixing it but have no idea how to tell what parts I need. I took pictures and it's a Delta faucet. The style of the handle is not really important as long as it matches.

Attachments

• IMG_20230717_092751.jpg
    IMG_20230717_092751.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230717_092801.jpg
    IMG_20230717_092801.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
You need a new cartridge and handle.
What type would I get? I looked up cartridges for Delta shower faucets and different ones show up. I'm not sure if I need to take this apart first to find out or if any cartridge would work?

Delta has lifetime warranty if you are the original owner.
Unfortunately, I'm not, it came already installed in the house but this is valuable information for the future.

I believe it’s this cartridge. You would need to remove the old one and snap a pic for me to be 100% positive, unless you can tell me when the faucet was manufactured.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Delta-Plas...VqPPjBx39lATvEAQYASABEgIasvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
Your water must be turned off during the repair process
Excuse my ignorance, but do you mean the main water source or just the shower water? Also, thank you! I'll attach a picture after your response so I don't flood anything lol

The main water valve at the water meter or main house shut off valve for all your water

If you have shut off's at the shower valve, you can turn them off and leave the rest of the house on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back