Removing Sink Erator - offset drain

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yhuynh

Reaction score
Hello!

We decided to get rid of the Insink Erator but I'm having issues reconnecting the drain. Below are photos of where I started and where I got stuck. I know this would probably be a lot easier to do in PVC or ABS but I'd like to keep it brass if possible.

So, here I am asking for help! I'm sure I'm missing something obvious but what's the right way to do this? I don't imagine I'm lucky enough that there's a 45 fitting is threaded on one side and flanged on the other?

Thank you very much for your help!
Y

WechatIMG102.jpgWechatIMG101.jpg

You need a way to cut the chrome plated brass tubing you’re using.

Start with the 45 at the wall then work your way forward. You’ll need to cut some of the pieces.

30B7BECD-FEF0-41B1-B5E5-02DEA9CB59F4.jpeg

Thanks for the response twowaxhack.

Cutting is no issue, I'm fully prepared to do that. If I'm following correctly, you're saying start closest to the wall with the 45, then the waist arm ('J' bend) and into the P trap (cutting the tailpiece to adjust for height). Is that right? What I'm failing to understand is how to connect the 45 to the PVC pipe out of the wall, and then how to connect waist arm to the 45 (waist arm is only flanged on one side, other side is just straight)?

Sorry for my inexperience, if you could explain in some more detail it would be much appreciated!

You’ll have to cut some tubing off of the trap weir to use between the 45 and the pvc. I suggest 4”. The trap weir is the piece that has the 90 degree turn. The trap weir connects to one side of the 45. The trap weir connects directly to the j-bend at the 90 turn. The j bend is the 180 degree U shaped piece.

You don’t have much room there and things look different in person than in a picture sometimes. I hope you have room for that 45 in the piping arrangement.

Took a little doing messing around with all the different rubber gaskets but got it all sorted! Thank you for all the help.

I think where I was most confused was thinking that I needed a flange to make a connection to a threaded nut (probably not the right terminology). Then I realized that the tailpiece does not connect to the J-bend that way either.
WechatIMG104.jpg

Make sure your dishwasher drain hose makes a high loop to the bottom of counter top or an air gap.

Looks good

Back