Remove pull down faucet head…

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobtem

Reaction score
Any ideas on how to disconnect this faucet head? It doesn’t twist off, and there is no clear nut to use a wrench. I cannot find any brand name.
The water abruptly stopped flowing, so I want first clean out the head, see if that’s the problem.
14A828FC-8A37-4905-86D3-A7FDAE0DA4E4.jpeg279CD5CA-5663-407E-A44F-C648DEA9A2D5.jpeg

It unscrews right here where the red dot is.

Looking at it like in the pic you turn counterclockwise

2560D95B-3F70-47A6-B5F4-AEE679A6B9C6.jpeg

If it’s not there at the head, take it apart at the other end of the hose where it connects to the faucet.

Ok, I got the faucet head off, but the water still won't come out of the open connection point. But water does get as far as the underneath hose connection. So somewhere between the hose connection and the faucet head, the water is getting stopped. Any ideas? Just get a new faucet?

Usually those faucets will have a spring check valve where the hose connects to the faucet under the sink.

Take some pics of where the hose connects under the sink. The more I can see the better I’ll be able to help.

Here are pics of various components. But I guess my question still is what part of the faucet would cause the water to straight up stop flowing? Sprayer mode, or normal, simply no water comes out. For reference, I was running water and it just stopped abruptly, and now won't flow again. I'm wondering if the button on the spray head could be faulty?

Attachments

• tempImagerBtNWT.png
    tempImagerBtNWT.png
    11.7 MB · Views: 7
  • tempImageb23AlF.png
    tempImageb23AlF.png
    11.2 MB · Views: 7
  • tempImage5GnhPa.png
    tempImage5GnhPa.png
    11.2 MB · Views: 15
  • tempImagec3mPMf.png
    tempImagec3mPMf.png
    11.8 MB · Views: 7
  • tempImagetB3d1b.png
    tempImagetB3d1b.png
    11.4 MB · Views: 6
Do you get water out of here when you turn the faucet on and it disconnected ?
B735AF76-A1C5-4111-8CCF-EEEF2556A2B1.jpeg

Can I replace just the connector piece, or do I have replace the whole hose assembly?

Post a pic of the entire faucet put back together before you order.

Well, this is the whole faucet reassembled, just laying loose on the ground.

Attachments

• 32B8AD89-E57B-4559-B50D-4A5E81A2DE5F.jpeg
    32B8AD89-E57B-4559-B50D-4A5E81A2DE5F.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 12
Any model number or name on that tag that tells you what hose is hot water ?

I believe it’s a Premier faucet but I’m not sure what model.

If it’s a Premier then it’s a cheap faucet. You could just replace it since you already have it off the sink

Appreciate the advice. I’ve got a new faucet ready to install, but was just waiting to see if there may have been one last easy trick to fix old. But i think I’m gonna save time and just install the new one.

Back