Remove handle from pedestal sink faucet ??

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhoenixRising

Reaction score
I am attempting to rebuild the stems of the faucets below, however, I can not figure out how to remove the handles. Can any help me? Also, If anyone knows the manufacture of these faucets.
(Admin removed your one drive. Please review how to download pics here in the help section)
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Your picture is very blurry.
The focus is on the bead board behind the faucet.

Take some better pics, and some with closeups of the handles.

It looks pretty corroded, so it probably has been leaking for a loooong time.

All that slow leaking will create a hard mineral buildup inside the handle, which gets into the threads, so if it does unscrew as Geofd thinks, you will probably have to really turn it very hard, with a big wrench.

You will very likely end up with some wrench marks or gouges.
I would try grabbing it at the very bottom against the sink, with a big channel locks pliers.
Otherwise, grab it anywhere you can, and put the wrench so it makes jaw marks at left and right, which will show less than right in front.

Or try wrapping with a few tight wraps of Gorilla tape, after washing the handle with rubbing alcohol and drying it well.
Then put the wrench onto the gorilla tape, it might minimize the jaw marks damage.

Try spraying CLR to remove the calcium on the handle area, then look for a small set screw on the side. You are correct, the handle must be removed before unscrewing the escution counter clockwise from the sink top.

O
I tried turning the chrome piece at the sink, but It did not budge. It seams that the Handle has to come off first. Here are some better pictures.

I tried turning the chrome piece at the sink, but It did not budge. It seams that the Handle has to come off first. Here are some better pictures.

I think all of that chrome is one peice try grabbing it under the handle try a rubber strap wrench
or rake the pic to a plumbing supply house they may be able to identify

Latest posts

Back