Remove glued hose

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumbnewb645

Reaction score
Hello, I purchased two bidets for my toilets at home. Was able to install one without issue, but am running into a glued hose attached to the water valve coming from the wall. I have a metal braided cable I want to replace it with.

What is the correct way to remove a glued hose? Do I need to get a heat gun to soften up the glue?

Will post a photo when able

Yeah, need a pic.

If it looks like this, you’ll need to replace the valve.

2BA384C9-4085-4D67-BFDB-C66F3D73FB3D.jpeg

Thanks twpowaxhack

Here are some photos of the current setup
PXL_20230708_172622988.jpg

If I unscrew the nut connected to the hose it is glued in to the valve still. Sounds like the whole valve needs to be replaced then?

PXL_20230708_172526528.jpg

The plastic tube is not glued to the valve, unless someone stupidly did that. There is a ferrule on the end of the plastic tube that is likely just crushed down into the valve that may appear to be glue to you. Remove the nut, support the valve well, and pull the tube out of the valve. It may take some force to pull it out, but it should come out.

Thanks twpowaxhack

Here are some photos of the current setup
View attachment 41078

If I unscrew the nut connected to the hose it is glued in to the valve still. Sounds like the whole valve needs to be replaced then?

View attachment 41079

That’s a polybutylene water supply. It’s held into the valve by a 3/8” compression nut and plastic ferrule.

It’s not glued.

You don’t want to reuse that water supply tube.

Turn the water off. Verify it’s off.

Unscrew the small chrome nut counterclockwise.

Cut the water supply with plastic pipe snips or some wire cutting pliers.

Remove the chrome nut or slide it up.

Supporting the valve with one hand, grab the cut tube about 1/2” above where it enters the valve and rock your pliers left and right while pulling up a slight bit.

It should come right out. You could even twist it left and right to help loosen it up. Be sure to support the valve with one hand.

Always be able to turn the water off at another cut off valve or the main water valve if things go bad. I’ve had fixture stop valves come off in my hand.

Back