Remote controlled water valve

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobMaine

Reaction score
The farm I work on has a water system partially buried underground with a drain valve located in at the lowest spot in the system. Unfortunately, this valve is manually operated and is 200 yards from the barn. In the winter it has to be closed to pressurize the system then opened to drain the field to prevent frozen pipes. Walking to and from the valve in the deep snow isn't much fun so I would like to install an electrical valve that could be operated from the barn. I've looked on the net and asked some local plumbers but so far have not found a valve to do this.

Anyone have any info on a valve like this?

Thanks,
Bob

just a thought, but couldn't you use a low voltage electric sprinkler valve to purge the water?

install a solenoid valve.. depending on size it could be a pricy valve, and take the time to ( when you get it ) read the literature as there are often maximum runs for electrical connections.

Thanks for the info, I'll take a look at solenoid valves and sprinkler valves. I didn't even know what to call them so maybe the was why I could not find them on the internet. lol

Thanks again,
Bob

Back