Remodel Plumbing Permit Application Diagram Attachment

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brodie M

Reaction score
is this print intelligible? What am I missing? What would you need to see?

Attachments

• Plumbing Print Submittal.pdf
    4.3 MB · Views: 1
You also need to show the drain pipe sizing.

The fitting you show coming from the washing machine into the line running right to left in your sketch appears to be a regular tee. It needs to be a long radius combo wye with the washing machine going into the long radius branch and the cleanout needs to come from the right in your sketch.

1674413244183.png

I'm assuming this is not to scale and more of a schematic. Just realize you show several wye fittings and that the branch lines off wye fittings are at a 45-degree angle. So you may need some 22.5-degree fittings in your layout to make things work.

You also need to show the drain pipe sizing.

The fitting you show coming from the washing machine into the line running right to left in your sketch appears to be a regular tee. It needs to be a long radius combo wye with the washing machine going into the long radius branch and the cleanout needs to come from the right in your sketch.

View attachment 38710

I'm assuming this is not to scale and more of a schematic. Just realize you show several wye fittings and that the branch lines off wye fittings are at a 45-degree angle. So you may need some 22.5-degree fittings in your layout to make things work.
Do I need 45-degree angles at all? Could I use only 90-degree?

Depends on what you are using the drawing for. In my city, this would not pass. If providing to a friend to show your intentions, then, sure.

Since you state it is for a plumbing permit, the easiest answer is to just ask them. Many have very large egos, and love when you ask them for their input.

Do I need 45-degree angles at all? Could I use only 90-degree?
You don't want to do that. You want to help the flows from different drains to go in the direction of the normal flow. If you don't, you will create places that can/will cause blockages. Oh, and in some places, they are against all codes.

Depends on what you are using the drawing for. In my city, this would not pass. If providing to a friend to show your intentions, then, sure.

Since you state it is for a plumbing permit, the easiest answer is to just ask them. Many have very large egos, and love when you ask them for their input.
Is professional engineering assistance a prerequisite for typical remodels where your from? Could I orchestrate a more detailed, correct aerial view print like this on a plumbing engineering design platform and get by in your location? Would a “legible” hand drawn diagram work for you? I mean if it were correct.

No, many cities want citizens to spend big bucks with full elevation architectural drawn designs, so when you go for inspection, you don't need to redo everything. Then again, with ADU units, your drawing may suffice.

elevation showing the vent height and how each fixture is vented with vent sizing?provide elevations
No, many cities want citizens to spend big bucks with full elevation architectural drawn designs, so when you go for inspection, you don't need to redo everything. Then again, with ADU units, your drawing may suffice.
Are you calling me dumb?

Where would you pick up that idea? I'm only trying to help you and save you grief if or when it gets inspected. In many states ADU units are fast tracked in order to facilitate less headaches and to comply with RHNA requirements (Regional Housing Needs Assessments).
//

Where would you pick up that idea? I'm only trying to help you and save you grief if or when it gets inspected. In many states ADU units are fast tracked in order to facilitate less headaches and to comply with RHNA requirements (Regional Housing Needs Assessments).
//
I’m sorry. I was kidding…Thanks!

Back