Relacing old basement sink with laundry sink

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*Update 2*

Here is the "finished" but not yet cemented product. The only liberty I took in your instructions was the 2 45 bends in the 2 inch pipe to get it away from both the hot water line and the water valves for the wash machine.

Do I have any obvious deficiencies?

all that is left is to pop a top on a cool beverage and stare at it

Definitely will be enjoying one of those tonight. Now I am going to be marking all these with a sharpie and then priming/cementing and pray for no leaks when I try this thing out tomorrow.

*Update 3*

Almost done. That is a pic of a laundry sink running with no leaks from the drain or hot or cold water supply. Was shocked there wasn't even a small leak somewhere.

I did make 1 rookie mistake. I had all the fittings marked with a sharpie to line them up for putting the primer and cement on. Well, got a little ahead of myself and cemented the 2inch tee upside down so the tee was going away from the wash machine. So went back to the store for a new 2 inch tee. lol

Just have some buttoning up to do and this project will be complete. I still need to anchor the sink to the floor, put a strap on the pvc contraption, and paint where I tore the old shelf off.

Thanks again Frodo. I would have never been able to accomplish this without your help!

Attachments

• 0509191849.jpg
    0509191849.jpg
    671.6 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Back