Redirecting water at edge of slab?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pasadena_commut

Reaction score
My neighbor had gutters put on recently. It drains onto a concrete slab which tilts towards my yard. We always received some water from there, but it was only a small part of the roof, now it is a much larger area and it flooded pretty deep at the last rain. If it would just enter our property 5 feet more towards the street it would go into the lawn, and not the dirt, and wouldn't be a problem. I'm thinking of gluing a strip of plastic, like lawn edging, to the side of this concrete slab with some silicone sealant. Think it will work? Is there a better approach?

Ideally their downspout would be relocated more to the front of their property, where it would just go straight down their driveway to the street, but that probably isn't happening.

Thanks.

I just spend $1600 replacing a drain on the side of my yard since i was flooding my neighbor. He'd block the weep holes in the wall, and I'd unplug them. I was almost comical, but since then, his worker replaced all his yard drains, and i ran new drains at the same time.20240108_171249.jpg20240105_145618.jpg20240105_104131.jpg20240105_104106.jpg

In most areas it is illegal to direct run off of to neighboring property. Have you talked with your neighbor about the new problem?
Sent him an email when I first noticed the problem. Didn't hear anything back, so a short piece of edging was installed to block the water at the property line. Ran into him later and he said he had already redirected the water. No way for me to know that until he told me though, as the bottom half of their downspout is hidden by a wall/gate and both my X-ray vision and my ESP are out of order.

It rained moderately hard yesterday and there was no lake this time, so one way or the other, the water isn't entering our yard. I think. We are going to have more than 6" of rain in the next few days, which is a tougher test.

I just spend $1600 replacing a drain on the side of my yard since i was flooding my neighbor. He'd block the weep holes in the wall, and I'd unplug them. I was almost comical, but since then, his worker replaced all his yard drains, and i ran new drains at the same time.View attachment 43986View attachment 43987View attachment 43988View attachment 43989
I thought you were going to put some kind of shower in the hall way of first picture. Unless maybe you alread did.

Yes, that first pic is for an outdoor shower, which I will be building soon, once we have good weather. I'm just stuck on the type of base we will stand on. Mama said just use a pallet, but I want to use a custom wooden platform, so it won't rot, get termites, give you splinters and be level, since that concrete has a 2-3 degree pitch, making all cuts a bit tricky.

Latest posts

Back