Recommendations for a SHALLOW PIT Sump Pump ?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmypub

Reaction score
My existing pump "Little Giant" model 5-asp 1/6 hp is over 20 years old and I am shopping for a replacement. I would just replace with the same model as it would work in my shallow pit, except I am seeing complaints that quality has significantly gone down. I see that the Zoeller M-53 and the comparable Wayne pumps get the best reviews BUT my existing sump hole in my crawlspace is SHALLOW. 10 inches deep and 34 inches in diameter. I do NOT want to excavate deeper since the crawlspace is tight and my house sits on very rocky subsurface. I need to use a crowbar to dig a hole on my property. I'd like to find a decent pump that would have similar on/off water depth performance as my existing Little Giant except hoping to get a higher quality pump. Thank you for any recommendations I can review ! dmy

You’ll just have to research what pumps will function in that depth basin then make your selection.

Most basins I see are 24” or deeper.

I have always sworn by zoeller mighty mate
Zoeller Mighty-Mate M53 Automatic Submersible Sump Pump 53-0001

1638489017796.png

Latest posts

Back