Random plumbing pics

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not the best comparison because the older photo was taken with a crappier camera & from closer up, but this is the before and after of my shower.
1689670771439.png

Havasu, I can't even get him to take out the kitchen trash. I've been asking him but he won't do it. I scraped some excess caulk off the walls (my little caulk tool is great for that) and I took photos of the product boxes for future reference. Now I need to figure out where to put everything. I'll get the trash out first. The hoarder in me likes to keep the boxes but I'm going to force myself to throw them out.

Twowaxhack, I agree. That's why I need to make myself throw the boxes out.

First pic is when I decided to go all stainless for gas fittings. I bought a few fittings to check the quality. I love stainless......customers lap it up like ice cream.

Second pic is what I found on the top floor of a 3 story condo. Crazy huh ? 🤣

Third pic I was installing some sewer pipe....

Fourth pic is a 1” type L 2# silver brazed natural gas branch main for a residence.

Fifth pic is a commercial pool heater I pipes the gas to. Copper and stainless.

1.25” gas regulator to step down the pressure. The gas line in pic 4 serves this heater.
fifth pic question:

I assume at the copper to stainless connection, the size is 3\4..........so the 3\4 sweat adapter........looks like it is not brazed but soft soldered. Is that acceptable in you jurisdiction? I understand why you would have done it. Nice work. Interesting to place the union before the valve. In my area, it must be after.....

fifth pic question:

I assume at the copper to stainless connection, the size is 3\4..........so the 3\4 sweat adapter........looks like it is not brazed but soft soldered. Is that acceptable in you jurisdiction? I understand why you would have done it. Nice work. Interesting to place the union before the valve. In my area, it must be after.....

It’s all brazed. I used heat shield putty on the male adapter. I can install a union anywhere in the system.

That job is about 4 yrs old now, still working great, I was there a couple months ago. Everything still looks new.

It’s all brazed. I used heat shield putty on the male adapter. I can install a union anywhere in the system.

That job is about 4 yrs old now, still working great, I was there a couple months ago. Everything still looks new.
do you have to paint it or no as it is stainless?

A video rather than a picture and I'm facepalming at this guy cutting joists like this. He got slammed in the comments for it.

pex, coming up out of the concrete with no kind of wrapping / abrasion protection ??? is that the issue ??? DIY'er here, not a pro..... but that DONT LOOK RITE.... ha ha ha

I don't know the rules on PEX underground or under concrete, but I'm guessing from your comments that it needs to be wrapped/protected?

From reddit: Shower p-trap pipe sticking out of the ceiling.
1693967409925.png1693967445774.png1693967423488.png

2FB8C6C6-929E-4ADF-9B5F-40DECF4C68DF.jpegB24E9EBF-6341-49E2-A924-704D46371D1C.jpeg

Pulled a rag out of the 3” branch drain. Located drain outside, dug it up at a patch that was placed years ago.

Last edited:
A friend on houserepairtalk forums said this was in his BIL's house.
1694225633930.png

Latest posts

Back