Raising A Toilet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tweeter712

Reaction score
I need to raise a toilet for my Mom. It already has a raised seat that brings it up an additional 3 inches but that is not high enough. If needed, I could build the little platform to raise it if there aren't platforms that are made for that. But I have no idea if it is possible (or how to, if possible) to connect the toilet to the hole in the floor if the toilet is raised. Thanks for any advice.

I need to raise a toilet for my Mom. It already has a raised seat that brings it up an additional 3 inches but that is not high enough. If needed, I could build the little platform to raise it if there aren't platforms that are made for that. But I have no idea if it is possible (or how to, if possible) to connect the toilet to the hole in the floor if the toilet is raised. Thanks for any advice.

How many more inches are you trying to raise the toilet., and what is the flange/waste pipe materials?

As for how much higher I need to go, I am not sure yet. I am going to raise a wooden chair to different height to determine that. My guess is about 3 inches or a little bit less. I put that toilet in years ago, and if I remember correctly, the connection was cast iron.

Are you aware that you can get 19” high ones through lowes. They use to stock them but the last one I had to order.

Here’s the 19” one I’ve installed for a couple folks

Attachments

• 4A5E5856-C32C-4718-874C-6A44BCA99C70.jpeg
    4A5E5856-C32C-4718-874C-6A44BCA99C70.jpeg
    398.5 KB · Views: 5
With the Bemis brand raised seat, the seat height is already at 19 inches, which is not high enough. A taller toilet with the Bemis seat would get it high enough, but I want to put a bidet seat, so that puts us back at square one. I just found out that a lift seat is available. Does anyone have any knowledge of one like this, or something similar? Amazon.com

With the Bemis brand raised seat, the seat height is already at 19 inches, which is not high enough. A taller toilet with the Bemis seat would get it high enough, but I want to put a bidet seat, so that puts us back at square one. I just found out that a lift seat is available. Does anyone have any knowledge of one like this, or something similar? Amazon.com
This why I asked what is the drain materials., as a platform being built may be the best option., raise the floor., and waste pipe., not hard to do at all.

Back