Quick-Connect adapters

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBus

Reaction score
I was wondering If anyone knows the risks of using a quick connect adapter on home faucets? I was going to attach a hose with a shutoff to it. Will there be any problems to the sink pipes with pressure or should they be able to handle this? Are there any regulations or codes I should have a plumber check before doing this?

Its to connect a handheld shower hose and showerhead. It would be connected to any in-home water supply (sink/faucet) not a hose bib. Are there any regulations that we need to make sure of? If I turn the water off at the shower head but keep the sink on will the pressure affect the sink pipes?

Thank you very much for your time and help!

why? is there a particular reason you want to do this? it sounds completely unnecessary to be doing this...

to answer your questions, i don't know of any code that would prohibit this... if an inspector were to see it, he may ask for a vacuum breaker of sort... but i doubt an inspect would find your contraption... you may damage your faucet by tugging on the hose and stripping the threads where your aerator screws in... and you may cross your hot and cold lines if you leave the faucet on and use a shutoff on the mystery hose...

Back