Pump pressure changing.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rather than me going on about how you will do anything in this world to protect your precious valve and your ridiculous patent. I will simply post this link. If anyone is interested in a long read about how you banned me from a Forum for selling another brand valve, and about your escapades on the Terry Love Forum. They can read it for themselves. If anyone except Mr. Austin cares to comment, I would be happy to reply.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/plumbing/terry-love-plumbing/terry-love-plumbing-terryl-28223.htm

Last edited:
That was very interesting. But I come away not knowing what to think. There are so many things on the internet that are not true it's hard to separate the truth from fact. I tend to side with speedbumb but I could be wrong. The main reason being is I am a member of the other forum mentioned. And I agree that there are some members that think there word is law and they seem to have a purpose other then helping the DIY's. That is the main reason I spend more time on this forum. The members here really try to help the DIY's.

Just my opinion and I hope I haven't offended anyone.

John

I am glad to hear that we actually do what this site was designed to do. Help people with there projects. It is also nice that you guys can advertise here and learn more from each other in a friendly atmosphere. As long as I am here I will do what i can to keep it that way and I know that the other mods want it that way as well.

Even though I don't know who wrote that on Ripoff Report, I have my suspicions. I have been accused of writing part of it, which is not true either. I have read it several times, but have never participated. There are several people on my Pump forum who feel the same way I do about this whole thing and a couple of them have been banned from Terry Love by Mr. Austin.

I have always gotten along with everyone here and hope to continue doing the same in the future. I just wish that every time I post something about a constant pressure valve, he wouldn't jump in and tell everyone how his valve is the only one out there that works. How myself and others stole his patent etc. None of this is true and his only reason for posting here is to promote his product.

I am glad to hear that we actually do what this site was designed to do. Help people with there projects. It is also nice that you guys can advertise here and learn more from each other in a friendly atmosphere. As long as I am here I will do what i can to keep it that way and I know that the other mods want it that way as well.

I agree 100%

That one of the reasons I hang around this site. There is some very good information and most of the folk are good people, and very helpful. There are some odd balls here, but we know who we are..lol

After reading that (ripoff report).............lol,,, Thats all I have to say about that.

All I can say about the valve issue is that it is sad to see anyone mocking anyone elses product. What happened to good old advertising of pushing your own product and telling why yours is better instead of why theirs is worse. I have no experience with either types of these valves so i personally don't know which is better.

Valveman can you tell me what they changed in their valve that has made it not work as well as the one you sell?

I understand your fight and I would also try my best to keep my patents to myself. You may or may not have the best product for saving pumps I don't know. You still have not told me why yours is better or why the other is worse. I can only take your word for as much as I take the other guys word. I don't mind buying your product if I new why it is better then the other besides you holding the patent on it. A patent does not make a product any better then a non patented item. Sorry if I seem hard headed but the guys on this forum are probably not relying on me buying anything from them across the country and just trying to help with my situation so I tend to believe them.

I don't know about anybody else, but when I get a notification of a post that has been made. I also get the post. It was rather long and it's probably a macro, because I've heard the same thing many times. I'm not going to comment on it because he obviously didn't want it to be seen for some reason.

Not cold feet, just TMI that nobody cares about. It is depressing to have the proven cure for pump cancer while others in the industry try to make everybody think it is Snake Oil. It is depressing to try to help people make their pump systems work better and last longer while others in the industry are fighting to keep pump systems in the stone age. It is depressing to have people steal your patents and ideas. It is depressing that there is a group on a “pump forum” trying to keep people from finding out how to save money on their pump systems. It is depressing to sell a product that is disruptive to the pump industry the same way the refrigerator was disruptive to the icehouse industry, and have others in the industry hate you for having a product that works too good. It is depressing to have a 20 year old product that has been proven successful hundreds of thousands of times, and still have people question if (sorta close) copies wouldn’t be just as good. It is depressing that there are places on the Internet (Ripoffreport) where people can lie all they want and hide behind anonymity. It is depressing that people in my profession (well drilling and pumps) are so mistrusted because many act like they know what they are talking about but don’t, or are just plain crooks.

It is a good thing I am hardheaded and thick skinned. I am determined to let everyone know the earth is round and not flat, as others in the industry would have you believe.

This link will give you a description of how the CSV differs from the copycats.

http://www.cyclestopvalves.com/csvbasicinfo_8.html

PS; I will still be glad to help DIYers even if you disallow advertising, but I know others will not.

Thank you for the info on the valve. That is what I was looking for in the first place. My advice to you as a consumer is that first off no matter what you make or sell, someone is going to copy and sell your idea. It has been done in 95% of the stuff we buy. I would recommend in cases like this one coming in and explaining why your product is a better choice for me as opposed to the other valve. It doesn't look good on your part to come in ranting about how everyone is just copying your idea and they are cheap knockoffs but not giving any reason why except that you own the patent. I hope the best for you in the fight to keep your idea, your idea but I just think you should approach it in a different way.

Speedbump what issues if any have you run across on the valves you sell?

Speedbump what issues if any have you run across on the valves you sell?

So far I have had one problem and it was a guy on my Forum who hooked one up to a nasty well that hadn't been used in a long time. It totally plugged up the screen in the valve with rust flakes. Plus he was coming off a submersible pump with 1/2" piping. The valve was 1". Then he wanted to use several hose bibbs which were also 1/2" at the same time. Anyhow, he complained so I called Matt Barrett and he said to have him send it back and he would send him a new one; which he did. After pumping the well off and upgrading the pipe size, it now works as far as I know.

We have sold 200 plus of these valves since hooking up with Barrett so one valve complaint is hardly a big deal.

Not cold feet, just TMI that nobody cares about. It is depressing to have the proven cure for pump cancer while others in the industry try to make everybody think it is Snake Oil. It is depressing to try to help people make their pump systems work better and last longer while others in the industry are fighting to keep pump systems in the stone age. It is depressing to have people steal your patents and ideas. It is depressing that there is a group on a “pump forum” trying to keep people from finding out how to save money on their pump systems. It is depressing to sell a product that is disruptive to the pump industry the same way the refrigerator was disruptive to the icehouse industry, and have others in the industry hate you for having a product that works too good. It is depressing to have a 20 year old product that has been proven successful hundreds of thousands of times, and still have people question if (sorta close) copies wouldn’t be just as good. It is depressing that there are places on the Internet (Ripoffreport) where people can lie all they want and hide behind anonymity. It is depressing that people in my profession (well drilling and pumps) are so mistrusted because many act like they know what they are talking about but don’t, or are just plain crooks.

It is a good thing I am hardheaded and thick skinned. I am determined to let everyone know the earth is round and not flat, as others in the industry would have you believe.

This link will give you a description of how the CSV differs from the copycats.

http://www.cyclestopvalves.com/csvbasicinfo_8.html

PS; I will still be glad to help DIYers even if you disallow advertising, but I know others will not.

So did you personally invent this valve and they are copying it 100% if so that is not right.

Back