Pulsating pipes

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I replaced the flapper so I will monitor and see if that solves the toilet and the banging of the pipes, if not I will move onto other options. Thanks to all

After 7 hours with the new flapper on the water level dropped by 1/8 of an inch. This is a big improvement over old flapper. It is the genuine recommended flapper for my toto toilet made by Korky. Any suggestions on how to resolve the slow leak?

Wipe off the mating surface of the flush valve that the flapper is resting on.

Scum or minerals can form on there, causing a slight leak.

Also, sometimes a new flapper takes a few days to conform to just the right shape, after being stuck in a package.

Make sure the chain length is not too tight.

Make sure the flush lever pulls the flapper up in the proper direction, so that it does not pull off to one side.

So far the pipe pulsating has not happened since I changed the flapper. Thank you for your help. I did adjust the flapper a little and clean off the areas. It still leaks but very, very slowly. It would take no flushing in 24 hours for it to get low enough for the fill valve to start sputtering again. The flapper chain did kink on me a couple of times early on but hasn’t done it yet.

Latest posts

Back