ProPex (Pex A / Expansion) stop valve to 1/2" OD copper pipe.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davey

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I need a 1/2" ProPex (Pex A/expansion) to 1/2" OD copper stop valve.

I have a 31 year old home and the bathtub fixtures are 1/2: OD copper pipes. I am replacing the existing Polyb pipes and valves with ProPex or PEX A Expansion type tubing but I cannot find a stop valve with a 1/2" OD compression fitting to connect to the copper. I can find plenty of 3/8" OD copper valves but I cannot find the 1/2".

Best regards,
David in South Carolina

IMG_4381.JPG

Last edited:
Use a 1/2” fip ballvalve then screw the adapters you need into the inlet and outlet.

1/2” mip x propex

And

1/2” mip x 5/8” compression. You asked for 1/2” OD compression, that’s odd for a bathtub unless it’s a leg tub

I’m not aware of anyone making an odd ball valve with compression on one side and expansion pex on the other side.

Use a 1/2” fip ballvalve then screw the adapters you need into the inlet and outlet.

1/2” mip x propex

And

1/2” mip x 5/8” compression. You asked for 1/2” OD compression, that’s odd for a bathtub unless it’s a leg tub

I’m not aware of anyone making an odd ball valve with compression on one side and expansion pex on the other side.
Hi Twowaxhack, Thanks for your reply. Does your solution require soldering or sweating the connector to the copper pipe?

Back