Proper fitting?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cleanouts save money. Trust me.

I charged a guy $300 last week for work to just find the cleanout. Then $200 to clean the drain.

Yes. It's always better to use 45s instead of 90s for a wet vent, but based on your layout, that looks like it's not possible. You need to add a cleanout in the vent line in case you need to snake the wet vent.

View attachment 42907
ok, ok to put cleanout above bathroom ceiling in attic? would be easily accessible. I will mock up some fittings in the next few days to make sure everything lines up and will work. shower and vanity should be easy to deal with than the toilet I'm hoping

ok, ok to put cleanout above bathroom ceiling in attic? would be easily accessible. I will mock up some fittings in the next few days to make sure everything lines up and will work. shower and vanity should be easy to deal with than the toilet I'm hoping
Would there be room to access and use the cleanout in the attic ?

if a wye fitting is branching off for a wet vent does it still need to rolled at a 45 or greater or can it lay a little flatter. Thanks

th
You can vent your toilet like that sketch shows, but you would have to make the line that goes vertical in the wall a wet vent. That is that line would have to be the drain for the tub, which may present an issue with the required elevation of the tub P-trap.

That sketch was just an example of various fittings that I thought you may need. A better drain flow is for the drainpipe to enter a vertical line through a Sanitary tee with the line continuing up vertically, or no more than 45 degrees off vertical, for the vent, and the drain going down meeting with a branch drain. See below.

View attachment 42839

There are many issues with proper draining and venting, and all pictures shown on the internet are not necessarily per code or good practice. The sketch above shows a wet vent for a toilet. The UPC requires a vent for the toilet within I think 6 feet, so this is probably for a UPC jurisdiction. But IPC allows unlimited distance to a vent, so the 3" vent stack could be said to be the vent and the drain labeled "wet vent" is just drain, even though it does serve as a vent. And as I mentioned, the way you plan to vent the toilet would require the tub to drain into that vent as it needs to be "washed" to assure the vent remain open.
the issue now is getting the tub drain over to wall to vent then back in line with the toilet drain with proper slope. is there such thing as to sharp of turns if proper slope is maintained?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231112_084651_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231112_084651_Gallery.jpg
    975.4 KB · Views: 0
Yes. It's always better to use 45s instead of 90s for a wet vent, but based on your layout, that looks like it's not possible. You need to add a cleanout in the vent line in case you need to snake the wet vent.

View attachment 42907
think this will work out if 90s are OK to use. since p trap brings height up I can cross over ontop the 2 joists with minimal notching then gradually slope down over 3 feet and tie into the 3 inch toilet drain with a 3×3×1 1/2 wye with a 45 on it. let me know If all this looks good as long as I can maintain proper slope. Thanks again

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231112_185935_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231112_185935_Gallery.jpg
    910.5 KB · Views: 0
ok guys, think this will take care of tub and toilet. let me know what you guys think, will tie into toilet pipe down stream a bit. also assuming I need to change the vent wye so vent can be a 2 inch? tub drain is 1 1/2

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231116_173632_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231116_173632_Gallery.jpg
    859.5 KB · Views: 0
ok guys, think this will take care of tub and toilet. let me know what you guys think, will tie into toilet pipe down stream a bit. also assuming I need to change the vent wye so vent can be a 2 inch? tub drain is 1 1/2
Sorry, I've been out hunting the elusive buck here in Missouri. Not a huge one, but I took it. Passed up several other bucks on opening day and finally decided on taking this one on the second Saturday of the season.

AAAA Sceen.png

Now back to your plumbing issue. Sorry, someone hasn't answered your question while I was out.

Yes, you need to change the wye at the vent to a 2" wye, and line from the vent to the sewer tie-in downstream of the toilet also needs to be a 2" line. The vent can actually be an 1 1/2" line above the wye, but I would keep it at 2" if it were me. You should also install an accessible cleanout in the vent line to assure easy access in case of issue in the wet vent.

Sorry, I've been out hunting the elusive buck here in Missouri. Not a huge one, but I took it. Passed up several other bucks on opening day and finally decided on taking this one on the second Saturday of the season.

View attachment 43098

Now back to your plumbing issue. Sorry, someone hasn't answered your question while I was out.

Yes, you need to change the wye at the vent to a 2" wye, and line from the vent to the sewer tie-in downstream of the toilet also needs to be a 2" line. The vent can actually be an 1 1/2" line above the wye, but I would keep it at 2" if it were me. You should also install an accessible cleanout in the vent line to assure easy access in case of issue in the wet vent.
Looks good!! deer Jercky is a favorite. Thanks for the response. Not getting many people responding on here lol. I started another thread for shower now that I just about got tub figured out, other than what other steps I need to take for it being a claw foot, need to do some research on how to connect to drain.

Back