Project Help: Drains for 4 Washing Machines In Basement

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superdave17

Reaction score
I have a basement that has 4 washers and 4 dryers. I'm looking to space each washer out around the basement so they are not all crowded around the utility sink. This means running water lines, drain lines, and electric lines to each locations. The water lines and electric drops are no problem. However, I have heard different suggestions on how to run the drain lines.

See the attached pictures.

I'd like a washer/dryer set where the garbage cans are. A washer/dryer set to the right of the garbage cans around the corner. A washer/dryer set under both windows (where the washer/dryers are now).

I was given the following suggestion:

Run 2" PVC drain in each location with an AAV and P-Trap into a 3" main that runs into the cast iron stack.

Does this sound like the best approach to this project? Is pitching around and in between corners an issue? Do you have any other suggestions or recommendations?

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

image4.jpg

I found someone that ran a similar configuration. Is there anything wrong with how these drain lines are configured? Could I run this exact setup, except with 3" main drain wrapping around and in between corners?

image-1661319507.jpg

Will those traps be under the slab. i would run full size 3" up and put some clean outs. They have all those washer machines and no clean outs, that spells trouble down the road.

The electrical was run with illegal and dangerous wire. Don't use that type of wire!

1003.6 Clothes Washer Discharge Interceptor

you need a clothes washer interceptor for commercial washers

Clothes washers shall discharge through an interceptor that is provided with a wire basket or similar device, removable for cleaning, that prevents passage into the drainage system of solids 1/2 inch (12.7 mm) or larger in size, string, rags, buttons or other materials detrimental to the public sewage system.

in the picture above an end of the line clean out is required and a clean out at each washer

Back