problem draining plumbing

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

someweeds

Reaction score
Thanks for reading! I am finishing a room in the basement which will have a sink. I wisely hired a professional to run the water lines on which he installed "Shark Bite" shut offs. I am ready to install the sheet rock so I tried to drain the system in order to remove the shut offs. I shut off the main at the meter and opened all of the faucets in the house but the cold will NOT stop running from the new line. I'm guessing it's running about 15 gallons per hour based on the number of buckets I've emptied. The new hot water line emptied nicely. What am I missing here? Any help greatly appreciated! Thanks for your time.

thank you very much, John! I will check it when i get home tonight. If the valve is not holding, I would expect the meter to keep spinning. If the valve is holding, I wonder if it could be siphoning water from the hot water tank???:confused: I'll have an update later. Thanks again!!

Back