Preventing pipe leaks

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwblue

Reaction score
We just had all the water pipes replaced and rerouted from the house slab to the attic. Between the actual pipe work and drywall repair it has been expensive.

Are there an precautions we can take to prevent pipe leaks in the future?

It is my understanding that the vast majority of pipe leaks are from the hot water pipes. Is this true?

It is my understanding that pipes in the slab are much more prone to leaking. Does having the pipes in the attic versus the slab mean we are less likely to have a pipe leak?

I now only use cold water when washing my hands and face and shaving. I have pretty much gotten used to this. Could limiting hot water use prevent a pipe leak in the future?

From my knowledge leaks occur mostly because of mid installation . Too much flux on the cold water pipe could cause a leak , also due to water heater rotening due to sacrificial rod corrosion.

look into water filtration to remove impurities in the water. but if copper is installed properly it should last a life time

Latest posts

Back