Plumbing Shower

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nstocker

Reaction score
I am losing the tub and gaining a larger 2 head shower. I have the original 2" shower line. 1.5" tub line both venting to same vent. I know I need to use the 2" line but would love to have the drain in the middle of the 4'x7' space. I know I will cap the 1.5" drain but what is the best option for the shower line. I would like to do this to code and think I can only have 3.5' from the p trap to the drain. I think I can only have 1 90 as well. Do I go the route of trying to tie into the stack directly and cut the slab from the center to the slab wall. Am I going to find that the stack is incased in the wall? Will try to attached a picture.Are there any other options.

shower.JPG

If you were to dig up the tub drain Ptrap, that will likely be 2". At least in my area, and until just the past few years, 2" pipe was the minimum of any horizontal drain under a slab.
Curent code in my area allows up to 6' from vent to trap.

thanks - I will dig a little deeper on the tub drain and see what I find. If not I have a little room to tie into the 2" shower drain and if the code allows more run than 3.5 in AZ i suppose I can 45 run 45 run then p trap where I want.

Back