Plumbing help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imfajiit

Reaction score
* My house had a leak in its pipes and I got someone to redo it and instead of using the old pipe which had a vent going through the roof they installed a new pipe and uses a vent called novavent PN 740151. I was wondering what this was and was this part supposed to be screwed on tight or not Also does all of this look good? thank you

image.jpg

No it does not look okay. You said you had a vent going through the roof.
Why did he disconnect it.

The tee for the AAV needs to be on the trap arm after the p-trap.
That bend going down after the p-trap is not permitted.

They call that an S-trap. The S-trap will siphon the water seal out of the 1st U-turn of that trap.

The AAV breaks that siphon but it will not have any effect at it's current location

AAV.png

AAV studar.jpg

prohibited traps.jpg

imfajiit, just post replies to your thread.

imfajiit said:
What do you suggest that I do to it? The plumber doesn't believe that was the wrong way of doing it. I told him to run it through the old pipe but he said it was to clogged up

Unless the pipe is broken or has a hard foreign object they can usually be cleared if you have the right equipment.

Are you in the USA or GB.

Was the plumber a licensed contractors.
If not report him for working with out a license.

Call your local building department and ask what plumbing code they use.
If it's available online We might be able to show you where it says he's wrong.

I live in the u.s, I don't smell any sewer gas right now or anything but I understand that the pipe isn't allowing gas go through it where it's located it has to be like those pictures you sent me, and no I don't think he is a contracted plumber

Back