Plumbing drip outside(help)

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ylantang

Reaction score
Good morning all, a simple diy’er here just trying to fix everything around the house while dealing with this mess of coronavirus which has effected us all.

The water pipe on the side my home here in Las Vegas recently started a leaky drip. I have been looking all over the internet for a solution. Tried patching it with JB water weld and it didn’t hold up.

I came to the conclusion that an online plumbers forum is the best source of info.
Take a look at the video below,
Thanks all!
Yuri

Attachments

• F83CDB61-8AFB-4A12-BD92-CC1233C082A1.jpeg
    F83CDB61-8AFB-4A12-BD92-CC1233C082A1.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 18
Hey Frodo, sorry I thought I uploaded a video.
But in the picture the big under carriage metal “drum,” on the left side there is the white plastic bead/pin visible in the photo. The water is leaking out of the plastic bead. When touched it is loose, pushing in and out.
I was hoping to fix myself but if a plumber is necessary it has to be done.
Thanks all!

If this was just turned on sometimes there is air at the top of the valve there should be 3 test ports with a place for flat head screw driver slowly turn on the test ports bleeding off the air one at a time sometimes that it if it does need repair replace both check valves and releif valve they sell just rubber kits or completely assembled parts

Back