Plumb Talk

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrPavao

Reaction score
How often do you guys actually calculate the fitting allowance? Or do you just eye ball it or just measure once type deal?

I am going to look through my phone and see if I still have pictures of the layout for the job I am currently on.

Lots of math, using square layouts to get true 45's, etc. I do a lot of math and use fitting takeouts all of the time to come up with cut lengths.

stevemachine said:
The power of 1.414 and .414! If it's a big Job I'll calculate but if its just working with nipples I eyeball it.

Ah yes the all mighty .414! that's one of the best tricks I learned in trade school!

I'd like to say that it's done every single time (as it should be) but as stevemachine said, if it's a regular job it's eyeballed.

phishfood said:
I am going to look through my phone and see if I still have pictures of the layout for the job I am currently on.

Lots of math, using square layouts to get true 45's, etc. I do a lot of math and use fitting takeouts all of the time to come up with cut lengths.

I guess no layouts eh?

Back