Please help me identify this shower faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaronac8

Reaction score
I can not figure out how to remove these handles so that I can change the stem washer. Does anyone know what brand this shower faucet is?20211129_182645.jpg

There’s no seat washer. There’s a ceramic cartridge.

The white caps pop out and there should be a screw under it. Use something sharp and slowly work your way around the white cap gently prying outward.

It appears that depending on what date it was manufactured determines the parts it uses.

You may need to contact handgrohe with pictures of the parts that you need.

You may or may not need to disassemble the valves for the pictures. Contact Hansgrohe.

I couldn’t find definite part numbers or good instructions for your product.

Appears to be that the faucet is not closing fully. As if a washer needs to be replaced.

You’ll need to replace the ceramic cartridge in the on/off control for the showerhead.

How do I remove the knob to get to the cartridge (red arrow)? It will not budge. Being round, how do I grip it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211201-112838_Adobe Acrobat~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20211201-112838_Adobe Acrobat~2.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 11
How do I remove the knob to get to the cartridge (red arrow)? It will not budge. Being round, how do I grip it?

Did you remove the screw under the white cap ? If so, then it pulls straight off. You may need some faucet handle pullers, they’re sold at hardware stores.

I tried using a sharp object to pry around the white cap and it will not pop out.

I was able to get the handle off and now I see this:20211201_183204.jpgNow I don't know what part to order?

Last edited:
Remove the cartridge with a deep socket placed on the flats on the brass cartridge.

You’ll need to turn the water off to your home before you remove it

Once you have it out, photograph it from all angles and measure it.

Then reinstall the old part and order the new part and wait for it to arrive. I’ll help you locate the new part.

The cartridge comes out by turning counterclockwise. It may be pretty tight.

Remove the cartridge with a deep socket placed on the flats on the brass cartridge.

You’ll need to turn the water off to your home before you remove it

Once you have it out, photograph it from all angles and measure it.

Then reinstall the old part and order the new part and wait for it to arrive.

The cartridge comes out by turning counterclockwise. It may be pretty tight.
Do I need to use Teflon tape on the threads to reinstall?

Back