Please help me ID this faucet?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rapidrob

Reaction score
Vanity sink faucet. Been great for 20 years but has developed a very slow drip.
I've taken a close look at the faucet but have no idea how to take it apart. It is not obvious. The valves do feel like they are cartridge type as they only need to turn 90 degrees from closed to fully open
Thank you for any help and how to take it apart.
faucet.jpg

Those hot and cold index buttons either thread off or pry off, exposing screw not sure what it is if no one chimes in remove a stem and bring tis picture and the stem to a plumbing supply house

Pretty sure it is Glacier Bay. I have one in my office bathroom with porcelain handles but the spout is a match.

Thank you for the info. I replaced the "cartridge / Stem " with the new all plastic one from Home depot.
I cleaned out the rubber seat female socket with vinegar and a rifle cleaning brush. The seat itself has no corrosion or other damage. The new seal is a tight fit into the female socket.
The new valve failed in three hours. Came in to the BR only to find the faucet was leaking as it I had the valve on a little.
The original one has the plated steel " sealing plate" that rides on the rubber seal in the female feed line from the hot water.
I found a replacement and ordered it. I hope it stops the slow dripping which was the original problem.
The original plated steel sealing plate has a couple of fine scratches in it allowing the hot water under pressure to drip very slowly.

Latest posts

Back