Please help cesspool full or clog in line

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankthetank

Reaction score
So about a month ago I noticed that my toilets were flushing much slower then usual. I also started noticing a foul smell which was kind of fishy coming from bathroom but no sign of leaks. Last week when we flushed the toilet water came out of the base so I know the wax ring is broken. Now we waited a day and when we flushed it it was fine. Now tonight we ran the dishwasher and water started pouring out from the bottom again. If I run the sink in kitchen or bathroom then water again comes out of the bottom of toilet. My first thought was it must be cesspool since I've been here 8 years and never had it pumped. Additionally the fact that after the first time we waited a day and it didnt happen for a while so I figured the cesspool probably drained a little. I'm afraid to call a cesspool company because I figure they are just going to say it should be pumped anyway. Anybody think this could be a clog versus a cesspool being full?? Thanks in advance.

Back