Pipes in slab foundation or under it?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MauryFrench

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Been a while. I have been lucky in plumbing issues. Now we have a doozy. I had suspected a leak before but could never prove it out; now its gone from maybe to major.

Our kitchen sink is under a window and therefore on the edge of the foundation. the floor around it has been getting warm for a few days. I figured leak but kept hoping for some other answer until we saw the water pooling up under the kitchen window and heading down the edge of the driveway.

We currently shut off the valve to the WH to keep it from flowing, and open it for dishes and showers. So what is my next step?

Wylie TX, (Dallas Area) 18 year old house on a slab foundation. I know the pipes have to at least come up thru the foundation, but as a general rule will the lions share of the pipe be under the foundation or in it?

Should my son and I start digging? I have also heard of plumbers that can scope out the line and find the leak from the inside and possibly repair them from the inside. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance, all.

It enters thru the back of the cabinet and drywall. If I post a picture of the inside of the cabinet you will know what pigs we are. Seriously though, when the good camera gets home I will try and take a decent pic. No flash on my phone. Thanks for the response.

Back