Pin hole through gel coat/fiberglass in tub

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bds85466

Reaction score
Greetings,

Anyone have any advice for repairing/patching a couple very small (less than 1/8" in diameter) dings in the gel coat of the floor of my fiberglass tub?

Obviously the long term solution is a repair/replacement but I want to buy some time. I do see some epoxy style products out there but curious if anyone has had success or advice.

It's an almond colored, textured bottom, tub, pretty standard issue for the late 80's when the house was built, I'm guessing. Can attach pics if needed.

Thanks in advance.

Nothing is going to be a proper match from a 30+ year old tub. You can put a band aid repair by dabbing some of that color matched epoxy on the ding, which will make it look less noticeable, but a full epoxy paint job or replacement will be the correct way.

Thanks for the response, sir.

Agreed, doesn't have to a)be pretty b)match or c)be the most proper repair.

I took a dremel and sanded out/around the holes a bit and added some marine grade, non-shrinking, heat resistant epoxy for anyone curious. Will likely finely light sand some excess away after a 24hr cure.

Latest posts

Back