Pfister Universal Tub & Shower

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arelbee

Reaction score
I recently had the subject shower valve and trim pieces installed into a bathroom that is seldom used. Family came into town and used the shower and said the hot water was not getting hot enough. I thought it was a problem with the scald protection but upon investigation, the hot water actually comes on first and turning the handle further brings in cold water. Did the valve assembly get plumbed backwards or is there something I can do to correct this from the handle side of the fixture?

Thanks,
Rich

Wow! I have fixed a lot of valves but don't think I ever came across a single handle pressure balance PP valve. Not sure if the cartridge can be put in backwards. Call the PP tech support and they will be happy to help you.

I did have a moen Positemp last week that was plumbed backwards and they had flipped the cartridge to make it work right. I put the new one in correctly and the hot came on 1st before the cold. Just like yours. I flipped it over and now it works right.

Latest posts

Back