Pex Waterline Guide Idea - Thoughts?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see where you're coming from.

We represent it as a guide, not a hanger. It doesn't put any stress on the waste pipe. Ultimately it's up to the inspector, and from my experience they tend to agree that it meets code.

Not to offend, but I'm sensing a little back pedaling here. The image that you posted clearly shows it as a support and the support is dependent on the waste pipe and therefore the waste pipe is under stress. Changing the word to describe the action does not change the action.

Last edited:
A contractor used pipe-to-pipe supports around here a few years ago and the job wasn't properly inspected. I'll see if I can get a pic and post it with the drawbacks.

It looks neat and professional, it ensures the drywaller can't mess up the lines. this way you don't need a 2x4. Quick installation as well, line it up, a little glue and your good to go.

Sorry, I misread the original post, I thought you were worried that the supply lines were not perfectly level. I didn't realize you were asking about the bracket.

Sorry, I misread the original post, I thought you were worried that the supply lines were not perfectly level. I didn't realize you were asking about the bracket.

you did not either read my post or decided to ignore it

plastic does not work as a bracket on a construction site.

if it was used as a homeowner product, fine.the homeowner will take care to protect it

on a construction site, where I can not speak the language to tell them to be carefull. in a politically correct manor as not to offend
they do not give a dam about anything but getting paid on friday
if the sheet rocker miscuts the pipe hole he will break the bracket to move the pipe.

Latest posts

Back