PEX oil/petroleum paint question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calypsokev

Reaction score
A painter was applying some mold prevention paint primer to my wood framing and some overspray landed on my PEX piping. I attached a pic. Is this enough to be concerned, or should I just leave it alone? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_3652.png
    IMG_3652.png
    7.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3640.jpeg
    IMG_3640.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
I think it is probably OK. It is likely quick drying, so solvents are gone and should then just be solids on the surface. You might even try a thumbnail to scrape dried paint off just for fun.

I think it is probably OK. It is likely quick drying, so solvents are gone and should then just be solids on the surface. You might even try a thumbnail to scrape dried paint off just for fun.
Thank you so much for replying! It was a quick dry primer that dries in 30 minutes. Unfortunately, the walls went up right after the picture I took, but I was able to sneak in there through a hole behind my oven and clear 99% of the stuff off! Thanks again and have a great weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_3695.png
    IMG_3695.png
    11.7 MB · Views: 0
more importantly, I would be getting the pex off those rocks before you close the wall up.

more importantly, I would be getting the pex off those rocks before you close the wall up.
Thanks! I think it’s mostly Sheetrock in there, but I’ll run my hand under the PEX and make sure there are no rocks. Have a great week!

Back