PEX manifold v none

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gstettner

Reaction score
I'm replacing old copper plumbing in my basement. Should I think about installing a manifold or should I just continue to replace the copper runs with PEX?

If you have started replacing the copper with PEX then I would just continue doing the same. The only advantage using a manifold is that the run to each fixture has it's own valve. To me it's a little over kill as you also have valves under each fixture other then the tub. Valves could be added under the tub if you felt it necessary.

John

I believe the op. is referring to the copper manifolds with the pex crimp outlets, not a expensive one with seperate isolations... if so then it is still more expensive to use them but they also have a larger diameter pipe designed for better balancing of volumes when all the fixtures are in use. having said all that, is is much cheaper to simply make a manifold out of pex 3/4 by 1/2 " T's and 3/4 pipe.

When I have re-plumbed houses in the past I always used a manifold for my connections, I think they're nicer and easy to work with.

I have seen many a budget condo out here plumbed with manifolds made from pex and it does work..

:)

Latest posts

Back