PEX-A, Mixing Brands

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksteen148

Reaction score
Hey friends,

I’ve chosen to use PEX-A Pipe / Expansion Connections for my current project (master bath). Is it wise / allowable to mix brand names? For example, Apollo, Sharkbite, & Uponor all make PEX-A Pipe and Expansion Connections… can these be mixed into one system?

Thanks I’m advance for your help!

It’ll be fine.

When I go to a plumbing repair job and there is different brands of pipe and fittings, I don’t go find that brand, I use the compatible listed fitting.

I’m not concerned with the warranty.

There is some advantage in using single brand, Uponor , and having a certified, card carrying installer, thereby allowing you to have full warranty. Without all conforming parts, warranty is not applicable.

There is some advantage in using single brand, Uponor , and having a certified, card carrying installer, thereby allowing you to have full warranty. Without all conforming parts, warranty is not applicable.
I don’t see anything in Uponors warranty that talks about a “ certified card carrying installer “

What’s all that about ?

The pipe has a 10 yr warranty regardless of the brand fittings used.

The warranty is only transferable for 10 yrs. if you jump through all of uponors hoops.

Warranty after 10 yrs only applies to the original owner that used all of Uponors products. Pipe and fittings.

I would use Rehau. I’ve never had to worry about a warranty with Rehau pipe, I’ve never had any fail.

Uponors had problems…….

Last edited:
In 2015, our wholesalers wouldn't sell Uponor to us unless we became certificated and carried the card.
I agree, as of the 2017 Warranty page, they only condition/exclude that it must be installed according to 'installation instructions'. Which, does, in fact, leave room for a lot of errors by the untrained masses.

Latest posts

Back